Family Owned, Independent Pharmacy Since 1986
Capital Pharmacy and Medical Equipment is a family owned independent pharmacy and durable medical equipment company that has been in business since 1986. We are proud of our reputation of keeping customer service our top priority. We can continue to offer the best care and service that Capital Pharmacy and Medical Equipment customers have come to expect.
Capital Pharmacy and Medical Equipment employs over 17 people for the pharmacy and DME areas. We offer continuing education to all employees to allow us to stay up to date on all aspects of the pharmacy and durable medical equipment business. We have staff trained in billing Medicare, Medicaid and most insurance plans. They are available daily to answer your questions regarding accounts and you can be assured that your privacy will be the utmost priority when discussing any claims or concerns.
The pharmacy not only offers prescription medication but custom-made compounded prescriptions. Our pharmacists, as well as one of our CPhT's, are PCCA (Professional Compounding Centers of America) trained. Our pharmacy has four CPhT's (Certified Pharmacy Technician) and we encourage staff technicians to pursue this certification.
Our DME has two certified orthotic fitters and we have a respiratory therapist on staff to assist with set up and training of CPAP and BIPAP machines. Members of our staff have also been trained in maintenance of all products offered.
We are also BOC accredited for home medical equipment. Our mission is to exceed our customer's needs in providing quality products and services in a professional manner. We provide our employees with a personal and professionally rewarding environment with a concept of teamwork. We believe we are an integral part of the health care system and the markets that we serve. We operate in a manner that will provide reasonable growth and profitability acceptable to our Board of Directors.
- We are recognized by Medicare to meet the home medical equipment needs of seniors
- Our company meets all 30 Medicare Supplier Standards
- Capital Pharmacy and Medical Equipment has been providing medical products and services to the community for 22 years
- Capital Pharmacy and Medical Equipment has a qualified staff of 17
- Capital Pharmacy and Medical Equipment has an average of 15 years of experience in healthcare, care giving and meeting the needs of those who need home medical equipment and services
- Capital Pharmacy and Medical Equipment standards require each of our associates to receive 6 hours of continuing education annually
- Capital Pharmacy and Medical Equipment is accredited by JCAHO
- Our highly qualified staff includes those with many important professional designations, including Respiratory therapists
- We are a member of the Chamber of Commerce and the VGM Group national network of homecare providers
- Capital Pharmacy and Medical Equipment has 2 PCCA Trained Pharmacists and 1 Tech.
- Capital Pharmacy and Medical Equipment has 4 Certified Pharmacy Technicians.
- Certified staff in Orthotic Fitter, Diabetic/Theraputic shoes, and Mobility, Jazzy, Air Sep and Pride Products-service & maintenance.
- Professional Orthotic Fitter certified staff.